Wednesday, December 5, 2012

PUMPKIN BREAD MUFFINS

 I know it is already time for Christmas treats, but I am not over my pumpkin obsession. Before I start off on the Christmas and leave the pumpkin to rest for the year,I have to share this recipe,since it came out surprisingly well.
Now, this is not your 5-minute treat, it requires some prep time, but it is well worth it. 
The equivocal name of bread muffins came because my intention was to make pumpkin bread, similar to banana bread; but then in the process I could not resist adding the cranberries and chocolate chips, so that made for more of a muffin mixture, and instead of pouring it into the baking pan I filled up the muffin cups. 
It was a good idea, since my girl would not have tasted pumpkin bread, but she did enjoy the muffins!



Preparation:
I used my left over pumpkins from the 
fall holidays to make these. They are the real little pumpkins that are used 
for decoration all over in the fall.
These little ones are so hard to cut, but once severed, I made them into wedges and put them right in the oven to roast for about an hour at 350 F, or until they start to caramelize on top. Then remove,cool and put in the fridge until ready to use. 


Ingredients:

.4 cups roasted pumpkin
.4 eggs
.4 tablespoons coconut oil
.1/2 cup coconut flower
.2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
.1 teaspoon baking soda
.1 teaspoon vanilla extract
.1 teaspoon cinnamon
.2 tablespoons xylitol
.pinch of sea salt
.1/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
.1/4 cup dried cranberries for garnish  

Directions:

1.Preheat oven to 350 F.

2.Combine the pumpkin, eggs, coconut oil in a blender, food processor or a mixing bowl (for hand mixer)

3.Once the wet ingredients are blended, add the coconut flower, 
arrowroot powder, baking soda, vanila, cinnamon, sea salt and xylotol and mix well. 


4.Pour the mixture out and spoon into your muffin cups.Makes 12 regular size muffins.
(If you decide to make a bread you can grease a 9X5 loaf baking pan and pour the mixture out in it to bake for 55-60 minutes)

5.Decorate tops with cranberries and chocolate chips and put some inside if you wish-I stuck some chocolate chips in the center of my muffins, and left some for the top.  

6.Place your muffin pan in the preheated oven and bake for 45-50 minutes-check center with a tooth pick.Note-center might remain soft, similar to pumpkin pie. 

7.Take out and cool completely before serving.


ENJOY!



   





  

No comments:

Post a Comment